The apex of commerce and culture converge in the Office of Hawaiian Affairs development of prime Honolulu real-estate in the budding community of Kaka‘ako. With an opportunity to provide resources and uses that are both complimentary to supporting programs and symbolic of future of Native Hawaiians, a collaborative of experts called the Kuhikuhi Pu‘uone Collaborative was formed. Edith Kanaka‘ole Foundation, WCIT Architecture, DTL and PBR Hawaii provides multifaceted disciplines to ensure that relevant cultural themes are expressed, while balancing the environmental impacts with design, constructability and economic feasibility. The team is orchestrating a large consultant base for full economic analysis and entitlements as part of this scope. The development looks to achieve the live, work, play mantra of tomorrow’s Kaka‘ako.
- Location: Honolulu, O‘ahu, Hawai‘i
- Client: Office of Hawaiian Affairs
- Program: Development of 10 waterfront and/or urban properties in Kaka‘ako Makai to include various uses that can generate an income stream to strategically support OHA holdings and outreach programs.
- Site: 30 acres
- Status: Master Plan and Design & Operations Guidelines
- Site: 15.58 Acres Ocean Front
- Status: Complete